Researcher's Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RCBAY? whats the consensus - safe or sketch?

+3
Gumby
wattle
myPlantsRollHard
7 posters

Go down

RCBAY? whats the consensus - safe or sketch? Empty RCBAY? whats the consensus - safe or sketch?

Post  myPlantsRollHard Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:53 pm

I have yet to check it out. I'm a lil worried that it could be a way to round up vendors. Like I told CG2, I can't imagine dropping a bombshell like nyarlothep did and then recommending a new spot in the same breath. Anyway, what do you guys think? safe or sketch?
myPlantsRollHard
myPlantsRollHard

Back to top Go down

RCBAY? whats the consensus - safe or sketch? Empty Re: RCBAY? whats the consensus - safe or sketch?

Post  wattle Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:35 am

Sketchy as fuck IMO... Stay far away.

wattle

Back to top Go down

RCBAY? whats the consensus - safe or sketch? Empty Re: RCBAY? whats the consensus - safe or sketch?

Post  Gumby Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:49 am

I'm staying away, but I don't think it's a trap to round up vendors. IMHO, if they were going after other vendors, they would have already been gathering data on them and at the very least already have their ccontact info that was posted on the threads. If I were a vendor, I woild lie very low and be very wary of any conversations that you have, even with people you thought you trusted. My best guess is that any busts that will happen already have. Why give people a chance to clean up the evidence? If LEO had more on their agenda, somebody rolally fucked up, but I wouldn't take chances with my freedom/safety.

All said, this advice is counter productive for me to give out because there are a few.things I wanted to stock up on, and I'm not well known, but our collective safety is more important than that.

Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Gumby wrote:I'm staying away, but I don't think it's a trap to round up vendors. IMHO, if they were going after other vendors, they would have already been gathering data on them and at the very least already have their ccontact info that was posted on the threads. If I were a vendor, I woild lie very low and be very wary of any conversations that you have, even with people you thought you trusted. My best guess is that any busts that will happen already have. Why give people a chance to clean up the evidence? If LEO had more on their agenda, somebody rolally fucked up, but I wouldn't take chances with my freedom/safety.

All said, this advice is counter productive for me to give out because there are a few.things I wanted to stock up on, and I'm not well known, but our collective safety is more important than that.
They are warning people about going to LHG. I saw a post there (lurk, no log-in) that said "yeah, people say we're a honeypot, but LHG is the 'REAL' honeypot."

That made me laugh...

They're evidently not vending for "quite some time" despite them opening a limited classifieds section yesterday for a couple hours, supposedly they didn't allow shipping to US customers?

Admin
Admin

https://researchersretreat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wulfenstein311 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I so far would say it's not an LEO-run thing, but I would still avoid it if they open up classifieds.

wulfenstein311

Back to top Go down

RCBAY? whats the consensus - safe or sketch? Empty rcbay

Post  chemkesey Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 pm

They've open classifieds, but wont allow any US distributors to advertise.

chemkesey

http://www.chemkeseyrc.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  myPlantsRollHard Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:45 pm

the ties that site has to jacksonville is probably what sketches me out the most about it. If I ever get on there, it won't be for some time. even though I highly doubt customers have much to worry about on small orders.
myPlantsRollHard
myPlantsRollHard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 pm

I won't be checking it out, I mean, is the risk really worth it?

Not trying to talk shit at all, I just think it would be worth holding off research for the chance that it is a honeypot.

I'm not going to name names, he has left the scene but I am irl friends with an ex-EK mod that left months ago (on good terms!) and he said that he didn't think it was because he knows those running the site personally but at the same time, he agreed with me, that it wouldn't really be worth it until everything is back to what can be considered normal in the aftermath of what has recently transpired.

Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  myPlantsRollHard Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:25 pm

didn't that site redirect to LHG at first? thats what several people stated. I wonder why they're calling LHG a honeypot when the sites are linked
myPlantsRollHard
myPlantsRollHard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down