Researcher's Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go....

+15
Lizzy
CGC2
chemkesey
emonke
brian_723
miglia
AlcatrazSwimteam
genuisdog
wattle
TMWNP
vulgar
Admin
Munster
CycloHexyl
wulfenstein311
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Here we go.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go....

Post  CGC2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Hey (cheesygorditacrunch2) I just swam over on my life raft lets keep this island waaaay off the radar

CGC2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:07 pm

In from ugl and tas. I hope the dust settles soon and we can move ahead.

Lizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  myPlantsRollHard Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:47 pm

hey guys, good to see everyone. I like the idea of confirmed invites and would like to see it implemented soon if at all possible. personally, I was referred by CG2, he can confirm that. thanks bro! hope to see even more familiar faces as time goes by. I'll be sure to recommend this spot to other known researchers.
myPlantsRollHard
myPlantsRollHard

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Me and several vendors/users have been discussing the possibility of developing/opening this forum for general use.

Right now TAS is in the process of being purged of all HC content, and should open up their sub-forums soon. Should we continue development of this forum, or revert to TAS?

There'd have to be more discussion on the rules/how a classifieds section would be implemented, and I don't foresee one opening before May.

Stay safe.

Admin
Admin

https://researchersretreat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  emonke Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:56 pm

forword I think. the acronyms of all of these places are tales about all over the intent and, and they are very well known by now. always better to start fresh, and take all the knowledge that we've learned. should probably have a stringent policy on what you can't talk about etc. and maybe on the signup form you could make more fields asking exactly why people are joining, and have an /admin/etc approve each one. only people intending to find a research site and not consumption or anything that even gets close to that.

me.02 Smile

emonke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:05 pm

emonke wrote:forword I think. the acronyms of all of these places are tales about all over the intent and, and they are very well known by now. always better to start fresh, and take all the knowledge that we've learned. should probably have a stringent policy on what you can't talk about etc. and maybe on the signup form you could make more fields asking exactly why people are joining, and have an /admin/etc approve each one. only people intending to find a research site and not consumption or anything that even gets close to that.

me.02 Smile
This was exactly one of the options discussed, among many others.

Thank you for your input.

Admin
Admin

https://researchersretreat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wulfenstein311 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:08 pm

I like the idea of keeping this place up and running, with the other sites down I think we need something else besides TAS. I love TAS, but starting fresh will allow us to learn from the past and keep this place running in the best, most risk free way possible. Starting off small already gives us a great opportunity to limit who can access this place, if we figure out a way to make some kind of invite-only or referral registration ASAP then we can figure out how to whittle down the TAS memberlist to only the people we can trust.

wulfenstein311

Back to top Go down

Post  Phd Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Yeah, we really need to reorganize this whole forum scene, and restrict members. But discussion of consumption is so fucking important, from a safety standpoint. Like, way more important than anything else. I know it's incriminating or whatever, but anything and everything we post online could theoretically be fantasy. People's lives are at stake.

But vending needs to be completely separate, and probably shouldn't be done on forums at all.

My .02

Phd

Back to top Go down

Post  CycloHexyl Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Agreed 100%^^

Forums should be for safety, harm reduction and sharing ideas. Sources you should have to find yourself, with a place like SOS to verify their legitimacy. That's how I did it when I first entered the scene, and that's how I found places such as LHG/EK, UGL and TAS, did my own homework. Actual vending should be kept off the forums, strictly to their own websites without any kind of advertising. The more underground this scene is kept, the more under the radar it will be and all the better it will be for the scene as a whole.

CycloHexyl

Back to top Go down

Post  uncleb Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:24 am

the only problem with that is that there are quite a few good vendors who worked strictly by forum and email, especially domestic and GBs. i can see why some don't want to deal with a whole website and everything. also in my experience most of the reputable websites don't even show up on search engines if you don't know the name, at least in the number of pages that i'm willing to look through. since this forum is just getting started i wouldn't mind it going the vendor review route with a strict acceptance policy and only comments on communication, shipping time, packaging, and simply "quality" and don't let it go any farther than that. there are plenty of well known harm reduction sites in BL, D-F and it looks like TAS, since they've already put the rc sub-forum back up. who knows what the future holds for UGL. even though i don't have any chemicals and doubt i will ever acquire any, i'd still like for others to have good places to be and i'll at least stick around to see how everything plays out. just my two cents. thanks.

edit: i also prefer the name of this place to EK, UGL and TAS for vendor talk, if you know what i mean.

edit 2: it also might not be a bad idea to remove the link to this site on TAS and ensure that it doesn't show up on search engines. we should be able to get the word out through email and maybe pm to members that we know and can trust if you guys decide that you want to run with this.

we could also start another forum for this purpose if you decide to go the harm reduction route with this one or start another harm reduction one. i guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to have one more harm reduction site to ensure that this valuable info is available to the people that need it.

the servers, hosting and staff def. need to all be located off-shore if the community decides to have such a site. sorry for the novel. thanks.

uncleb

Back to top Go down

Post  Phd Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:15 am

Yeah, you have a pretty good point there. But we must wait for now... We should create a new forum off of this one, kind of like inception scratch

Phd

Back to top Go down

Post  uncleb Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm

yeah, we should definitely wait a while before doing something like that.

uncleb

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:17 pm

I think we should close this one to the public shortly. The smaller the community, the better in my opinion. I mean, in the future, if any vendors come to an offshoot of this site, it would be much safer. i think it shouldn't be on google either. I mean, yeah, the vendors might not make as much but it would allow the community to exist for a much longer period as well as be much safer.

So yeah, not everyone would make it into this site but still. I'd rather be under the radar that include everyone if it comes down to it.

Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum